Monday, April 15, 2013

Color Frenzy!

Color is everywhere in jeans! It takes me back to the early 90's when Rockies were popular. They came in every color of the rainbow too.


The difference between now and 1994 is that they're a little lower rise and much skinnier. Now obviously, these jeans are not competition jeans, mainly because of the skinny fit towards the bottom. They're not made for going over boots.

I love these three colors below. They're from Wrangler's Booty Up line. They are made of 98% cotton with 2% spandex and feature a slim fit, ultra low rise and five pocket styling. This style hugs your curves and has built-in darts to lift and define your booty. I'm personally a fan of these jeans, minus the boots. I know it's a little hypocritical since I wear tall, casual boots outside of my jeans all of the time, but with cowboy boots, it's different. I see it sometimes in the queening world and I just cannot embrace it. It's just a personal choice. To me, it feels a little yuppy.

























Now Panhandle Slim has a line called, Rock & Roll Cowgirl, which has cute colored jeans that fit slightly different in the leg. I can see more versatility out of this jean. This jean looks good with a boot and will elongate your leg. This jean would also look spectacular with a high heel. It would be fun to wear a colored heel, like a hot pink one with this turquoise jean below. I also love the back pockets on these too.

Both of these styles of jeans can be found on Langton's website. They've also got a great western fashion blog too. Check it out at http://blog.langstons.com.























Unfortunately, the Panhandle Slim jeans are running in the $79 range, while the the Wrangler's above are in the $57 range. Both are too pricy, in my opinion, for a colored jean. These are special jeans that do not have a lot of adaptability. I can get a similar jean at Kohl's or Younkers in the junior section for no more than $25 (in fact, I have).

So, love the direction Wrangler and Panhandle, just not the price.

Have a great, colorful day!

1 comment:

Recent Posts