Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Big Party

November 24, 2012, is a big day for our family. That day will be my parent's 50th wedding anniversary as well as Jake and myself's 5th anniversary. That day is going to be a bash. My parents are planning on a party and us kids get to plan it or help plan it:). My mom got the location, food  and one of the bands (yes, there will be two bands) set up. Now us kids to help with the fun part.. the decorations! I'm all about this.

My sister Tammy has the burlap covered. I think we're going to twist them on the tables and just get crazy with it. I plan to make sure we have a lot of white lights to put up everywhere (including lots on the ceiling). For the tables, I want to do different things. My mom bought a bunch of red handkerchiefs. I think putting those on the tables flat would be good and then tying some on jars/vases, etc. would also be a nice variation.

I was also looking in Pinterest and found a couple of ideas. Here in the next couple of weeks when Jake, little Joe and I go down to Albia, I plan to gather lots of sticks and get wild.


I'm not saying I'm planning on any of the above. They're just creative starters.
I just bought some mason jars on Amazon too. Do you guys purchase things from Amazon often? I forget about that website sometimes. The jars were cheaper here than at Walmart and they had free shipping to my house. You can't beat that!

I'm always open to ideas, so if anybody has seen anything cool, western/rustic, let me know! I'll keep you posted on what we come up with!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! If you knew what was going through my mind right now....HOW FUN IS THIS!!!! I have some mason jars if you want some :) Let me know if you need any help with the set up and I best be getting an invite to this shin dig....

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts