Thursday, February 2, 2012

Relax and Unwind

Lately, I've been finding myself overwhelmed. Although this isn't the Dr. Phil show and you're not my shrink, I will not get into detail why my life is like living in a dream right now; however, everyone reading this can agree with me that there are times where you are just full of being overwhelmed and stressed. Usually, a quick fix to this problem is wine or my sister Sara's favorite, tequila. But, since my doctors have advised me not to get wasted too often now that I have a little monster growing inside of me, I have to turn to more "healthy" alternatives.

At my work, we have a wellness program and we get points for going to classes outside of work. A few weeks back I went to a relaxation class. It literally took everything I had not to burst out laughing during the 20 minutes of a dark room and a babbling creek on a CD. So, I have to come up with other alternatives.

So, here it is people, Katie's list of (appropriate) ways to unwind.
  • Take a bath- I'm not a "green" person per-say, so it doesn't bother me one bit that I'm emptying the Waukee water tower every time I take a bath. I like to, as my dad would put it, nearly sweat while taking a bath. Good stuff.
 
This is not the Waukee, Iowa water tower. I just thought that it screams "Iowa".
  • Spend valuable time on Pinterest- Are you all obsessed with this website as I am? If I was still in 4-H, I'm telling you, instead of the normal 12 projects to fill the Central City Achievers booth up with, I'd have more like 22 (at least) because of all of the cool ideas on that website. This website is mainly though just a great time-waster. If I need a break from work, I go to Pinterest. If I need inspiration, I go to Pinterest. However, because I'm on there so much, I get a little depressed because not one "pin" or "like" has been accomplished yet. I just found this saying to the right on there today and I really like it.
  • Make plans- My friend Mandy is getting married in March (hallelujah!) and I'm helping plan her bachlorette party. Again, another time-waster, but it's such a fun one. All I'm going to tell you is that it's going to be legend..wait for it...dary (for any of you who watch the show, How I Met Your Mother).
  • Eat out- Although it's never cheap, it still makes me warm and fuzzy inside to eat lunch or dinner out. Some of my newest favorites in the Des Moines area include, Zombie Burger, Latin King or Dos Rios. I'm obsessed with Dos' guacamole and chips! 
  • Buy something- Clothes, specifically. Except, thinking about buying something makes me think of Younkers, which makes me think of a high dollar gift card that is lost somewhere in my house! I dropped the gift card on my steps going down to the basement. I picked it up and I seriously blacked out. I have no recollection of it being in my hand nor have any idea where I set it. I've checked the garbage already, but I'm going to have to check again tonight. Man, I'm a blonde sometimes.
  • Drink (wine/vodka if you're not pregnant) or Diet Cran-Cherry juice. I love this stuff! When I drink it, I just make myself think there's vodka in it, lol.
Or how about his fun drink?  I'm going to HAVE to try it! Although it doesn't call for alcohol, it would be much more fun with:). Click here for the recipe.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and learn what you enjoy to do if you had all of the time in the world...

1 comment:

  1. legend...wait for it...dary.

    HAHA! We say it every 5 minuntes at our house :)

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts