Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Going to Be a Par-tey

I'm going to warn you now, I promise that I won't turn into a mommy blogger. No offense to those out there that are, but I know what it's like to sit around a table full of new mommy's who have, literally, nothing else to talk about their kids and I'm sitting there wanting to talk about normal things, but nobody knows how to communicate back. It's annoying and the world is huge. How about having a real, adult conversation sometimes? I know I say these things now, but I promise, I'll stick to my word as much as possible. Every blog will not be about my model-to-be baby (you all know my kid will be the cutest and smartest kid around- just warning ya:)).
My nephew Tyler and his wife are expecting their third child this summer, right before Jake and I. Tyler called me last week to tell me that the Chinese can predict the sexy of our babies and they're always right.  (Man, the Chinese always have a leg up on us..) Anyway, has anyone tried using a Chinese Gender Predictor? There's a lot of them online and according to Tyler, they're always right. The Chinese say I'm having a boy, so we'll see if they're right! Anyone want to take any bets?

Ahh.. don't these look scrumptious? Come July, you are all invited (unless you're a stalker) to a party. That's right, once baby Stien comes we're going to have a party to celebrate me being able to have a drink again...oh ya and the baby! Believe me, I'm not a lush, but now that I can't have a drink, I want one. Just a cold, Bud Light bottle sounds delish.

I went to a Scentsy part a few months ago and my friend made these awesome Beer Rita's (by the way, this same friend makes cakes and they're awesome!). That same week I went out and bought frozen lime-aide so I could make a batch. Then, a couple of weeks later, we found out I was pregnant, So, my lonely lime-aide now sits in my freezer looking me in the eye every time I open it.

So, since I love you, here's the recipe. However, when July strikes, I will be making a orange cooler full and I plan to drink half of it. Here you go!
  • 1 can of frozen limeade
  • Tequila
  • 3 cans of beer
  • Ice
1. Thaw limeade can and dump one can's contents in a large pitcher. 2. Refill the limeade container with tequila. Refill the limade container half way with water and dump. 3. Follow up with 3 (12 oz.) beers in the pitcher. 4. Top with a lot of ice. 5. Stir all the contents and serve immediately.  

1 comment:

  1. I think you are having a boy too and yes, I have heard of the Chinese Gender Calendar and so far everyone that I know that has looked at it before finding out what they are having, it has been right!

    Oh I hope it's a boy!! For so many reasons! So happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts