Monday, January 9, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

I first should apologize to my loyal readers (all three of you :)) I have been a little pre-occupied with dealing with a new pregnancy and all of the "fun" that entails, a busy last few weeks at work and working on the Iowa High School Rodeo Queen Pageant.

So, it's time to unwind and discuss some of my latest guilty pleasures. Oh ya baby... Don't get too antsy (my parents on occasion reads this blog). These "likes" are something I'm not necessarily proud of, but I'm sure you can relate...

Let's start with The Bachelor. I've been a fan since the beginning. I mean, who can forget Trista and Ryan. It was magical, but the show has gotten so insanely desperate. Did anyone see the first night a couple of weeks ago with Ben? The girls were mental and you can tell that the show/producers really played up the crazy ones. I like reading Reality Steve's blog. He's a writer who always has the insight on popular reality shows before they air and always get the final results right. If you're a reality junkie like me, you'll dig his humor.

I can't go with talking about The Bachelor without reiterating how boring and ugly Ben is. I mean really ladies? Between his wild, half greasy hair and his yawning personality, I just don't get it. I told Jake that he should apply to go on The Bachelor and then unveil at the end when one woman is standing that he's married. Now that would make for some good TV! Is anyone else completely bored with this show now?
 Gosh, I can't help but watch though! It's just a train wreck that I can't look away from.

Next, sexy cowboy boots.

I've got a guilty pleasure of wanting more and more cowboy boots. If they weren't so darn expensive and if I could cover up this type of purchase easy, I would have even more pairs. You know what I mean, when you put on a new top and your husband asks, "Is that new?". No... are you kidding me? This old thing? (hee hee)
This pair above is pretty hot, wouldn't you say? I found it on NRS. If I wouldn't have just bought a pair of boots in Vegas, I'd consider adding these to my collection. I look good in turquoise.

Lastly, thanks to my friend Mandy, she's opened my horizons and will now make me gain even more baby weight due to my new obsession (guilty pleasure) of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip. Oh mylanta... It is so damn good. Below is the batch I made the other night and I'm literally licking the bowl as I write. 

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 8-oz block of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
1. Melt butter, brown sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over medium head until sugar is disintegrated.
2. Set aside and let cool (if in a hurry, put in freezer for 10 minutes)
3. Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixer. Mix butter mixture.
4. Add chocolate chips
5. Serve with teddy grahams or graham crackers.

Jake's latest saying to his mom, especially, as an excuse to eat out or eat something good is, "the baby wants it". When in all reality, he's the baby that wants it. I can't complain though, I love food and I love eating out, so I'm going to take advantage of this opportunity. Which brings me to why I don't feel guilty for eating a nearly entire batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip... the baby wants it. Period.

2 comments:

  1. Hee, Hee, love this blog Katie, too funny! I agree with everything you said! Love those boots and yes if the baby wants it, the baby gets its for sure : ) You are gonna look so darn cute being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the dip! It is always in the fridge at our house :)

    Cute post idea!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts