Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fur, Bling and Chuckwagons- what more could a girl ask for?

This last week I was in Denver to make a presentation for work. While I was there, I made sure to take in the must-see's of Denver in January- the Denver Stock Show and plenty of of western stores.

I was actually a little disappointed in the selection at the Stock Show. I thought the clothes, jewelry, etc., booths would be as abundant as the NFR in Vegas, but it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of booths, but it seemed more like the Varied Industries Building at the Iowa State Fair. There were hot tubs, mattress vendors and roasted nut booths. I did come across a few things that I would have taken home if my name was Taylor Swift or some other famous person.

This is the picture I texted to Jake. I said ,"diaper bag?" He texted me back, "how much?". I then said, "only $375". He proceeded with "no". It would be a pretty sweet diaper bag, but I may have to sell our baby to buy it.
These bags below were also pretty cool, but they'd be so easy to make! I think I'm going to try them. They were just buck-stitched and the handles were beads. The pink one on the right had one panel that was a vintage record sleeve.

The next day, we traveled to Rockmount Ranchwear. It was located in downtown Denver and was the original store that dated back to the 70's. If you're not familiar with the name of this store/brand, you may be familiar with their shirts. A lot of celebrities have/are seen in their shirts. They are very retro.

They had a cute selection of little kids/baby shirts. How adorable would this one be on my future all around cowboy or cowgirl?
 I think my love of these shirts stem from my queen background, because I was in heaven. I ended up walking away with two shirts. The one below.
And the one below in yellow. How funky is the chuck wagon? Apparently the Autry Museum asked the store to remake this shirt that Porter Wagoner wore. I also go away with not paying even close to the retail price because I found my shirt in the backroom clearance rack because it had a tiny pen dot on it. I can't wait to be stylin' and profilin'!


I also had to share this picture with you.. as we were walking back to our car, I noticed this sign on the building. I had no idea that Colorado sold medical marijuana so openly. Good to know..

The other thing I learned, again, was not to buy clothes for my husband. Before we had to rush to the airport, we stopped at a Cinch outlet store. I could have spent hours there! I was trying to be a good person and wife and purchase two cute t-shirts for husband (and because I felt a little guilty about my other purchases). However, it backfired. These shirts I picked out were seriously hot! They looked like the stupid $75 t-shirts that are sold at the buckle and the same shirts that Jake has bought before. When I brought then home and he tried them on and immediately had a "what the heck were you thinking" look on his face. He said the collar was too big on both of them. I don't even know what that means...it's a t-shirt. Oh well, I didn't feel bad because I didn't spend much on those shirts, I found some awesome buys for myself and I now have Christmas presents for his brothers.

1 comment:

  1. ERIC SAYS THE SAME THING ABOUT T-SHIRT COLLARS!

    I typed that in all caps because it's my biggest pet peeve...how the heck can a t-shirt collar be to big?

    MEN!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts