Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Vegas Baby!!

Well, Monday I'm off to one of my favorite places in the United States... Sin City! I'll be on work duty Tuesday and Wednesday, but then on Wednesday night, watch out! Jake will be arriving that evening and we have a fun-filled four days of Cowboy Christmas and the National Finals Rodeo. I've been looking forward to this week for some time.

I can't wait to see what's hot, new and sexy in the world of western fashion. This year is a unique week for women and fashion as I'm able to already post some new trends from Vegas without even being there!

The Miss Rodeo American Pageant is now underway as yesterday was contestant check-in. It was also a time to introduce all of the queens. I noticed a couple of stunning outfits that really struck my eye that I just had to share with you. Remember, what we're seeing on Miss Rodeo America now, will soon become western fashion in a few years. She starts the trends to what you'll begin to see in Drysdales and Ropers Supply. So, that's why it's so fun to be to start seeing what the future Miss will be wearing!
Love the hat Miss Wyoming! This is such a unique color and the popular, black band around the hat really compliments her dark outfit. I love this. I look forward to more colored hats.

Miss Colorado is the start to a few choices that I wanted to point out. Although monochromatic color is still the "queening way", take notice the continued trend to break up the coloring with a big, fun belt.

This type of style started to become "in" when the bling belts started to become popular. I'm happy to see that it's transforming to cute belts.
Ladies with dark hair, take note of Miss Washington... yellow is a great color on you! I can't tell from the picture, but with an outfit like this, I would have so much fun accessorizing it with chunky turquoise.

Now, these two ladies take the cake in my eyes. I LOVE the boots. I remember back in 2000 when I was in the queen contest at the National High School Rodeo Finals and the Texas queen rocked a pair of leather embossed boots over her jeans. At the time, it was a little ahead of its time, but now, it's a must.

Because the boots are their main accessory, notice how neither one have much other color anywhere else. This is a smart move. If you have fun, crazy boots, make sure not to overpower it with a wild print elsewhere.
I am a little disappointed with the color faded jeans on Miss New Mexico. Even though this portion of the contest is casual and blue jeans are encouraged, these are way too faded for the Miss Rodeo American Pageant.


I look forward to much more of the week ahead. If you have GAC on satellite, make sure to watch for me on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I'll make sure to wave at you while I'm at the rodeo. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts