Thursday, December 1, 2011

Freestylin' in Pizza Ranch

We rarely go out to eat during the week, but for some reason the other night, Jake said he had a hankering for Pizza Ranch buffet (or buff-"ett", as my sister was call it). Heck, I wasn't going to argue with him :). He would definetly make my mom proud, as Pizza Ranch is her favorite stopping ground.

So, off we went to the Waukee Pizza Ranch. The Waukee location is one of the nicer Pizza Ranch locations around. I should know, outside of Jake and my parents, I've been to a ton of them! Jake and I usually have a contest to how many each one of us have been to by looking at their napkins, which have where every location is. However, because of Jake's travels with John Deere the last couple of years, he has surpassed me, so we don't play that game anymore.

When we walked through the restaurant to find a table to sit at, Jake sadly turned to me as we were walking by the salad bar and said that the ice cream machine was down. I'm not going to lie, it did deflate my enthusasim some, but then my eyes caught two glowing machines of goodness....

The manager was standing by these two alien-like machines with the colors of the Coca-Cola brand on them. Jake and I immediately got in line for who knows what. They are called Coca-Cola Freestyle machines. They take the place of the regular pop machines on tap. These machines literally have over 100 types of pop on them! They're amazing! The manager was there helping each person as they selected their drinks. It took a second to figure out the computer screen. They obviously, will stop the occasional 5 year-old from getting pop and spilling all over the floor.

Jake was boring. He just got a plain Diet Coke (even though he had 8 different Diet Cokes to choose from: Orange Diet, Grape Diet, etc.!). I tried a Strawberry Sprite Zero. Although I wouldn't get that kind again, I still felt like I achieved a great feat trying something new. I actually disliked it so much I wanted to get a new kind, but with the manager up there helping every single person, I was a little embarrassed to dump out my pop in front of him...stupid, I know.. :).

Although the Waukee Pizza Ranch is the first in Iowa to get these machines, they will be coming to every mall, restaurant, Taco Bell very soon. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts