Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Wish It Was Fair Time All Year Long

Ahhh... the Iowa State Fair.. I LOVE it! I wish that it was the fair all year long. If you've never experienced the Iowa State Fair, you honestly have not lived. Don't you know that it was on the New York Times list of "1,000 Places to See Before You Die"? So, it's not just me saying this...

One of the best things to do at the fair is eat. At this years' fair, besides the livestock shows and Stockman's, Jake and I experienced a few "firsts".

1st- Jake tried his first fried Snickers and fell deeply in love.

1st- At the 2011 fair, one of the newest additions to the artery clogging yummy goodness was fried butter. Yes, they literally took a stick of butter, cut it length ways, put it on a stick, dipped it in a batter and deep fried it. Then, they poured a glaze to add to the madness.
Although it makes you want to vomit just looking at it, it was seriously pretty good. It tasted like a donut. I only had a bite, just to say I tried it, because I heard if you ate an entire stick, you would have to run 11 miles to burn it off and that would never happen.

This was the booth dipping the butter in batter before deep fat frying it.
Ryan was the brave sole that took the first bite. He was savoring the flavors on his pallet before giving us the verdict.

1 comment:

  1. 11 miles? Not a chance in hell for this girl...good thing I didn't get one!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts