Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bunco Dessert Fix

Is anyone else in a Bunco club? I started about a year ago, meeting with a group of girls once a month. It's so easy and really fun.We just roll dice, drink and eat!

With our monthly game tomorrow, I had to whip something up in a hurry. I've had a hankering for peanut butter and chocolate, so I got on my favorite recipe website, http://www.bettycrocker.com/ and searched under desserts. I love the way this website breaks recipe ideas down in so many ways. If you are in need of a dessert or appetizer, for instance, they have it broke down by category  or if you have certain ingredients at home and need ideas, they have that too. The best; however, are the pictures. I'm definitely a visual learner. I'm one of those people at restaurants who order whatever dish is pictured on the menu.

So, I had to share this Peanut Butter Cup recipe because it's a no-brainer to make and very delicious!

One in the muffin, one for me...

Peanut Butter Cups
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
3 teaspoons baking poweder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs 
Miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candis, unwrapped

Mix all ingredients together and fill a muffin tin, lined with muffin wrappers, 3/4 full. Put a peanut putter cup candy in each of the fillings. Bake for 18 minutes on 350 degrees and wholla!
The only problem I ran into is that mine didn't turn out that pretty. My batter wrapped on top of the candy, so you don't see it when it's done baking, but watch out... when you open the yummy goodness, the peanut butter cup is there waiting for you.

3 comments:

  1. Next time I come to your house....you better have some of those waiting for me.....they look and sound wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UMMM....how do I join the bunco club?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest someone not in the Des Moines area to just start one up! I can direct the rules to anyone interested. It's super easy and really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts