Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Love Meat

A few weeks ago I was reading an article in a women's magazine (I wish I could remember which one it was!) It talked about how their readers need to practice "Meatless Mondays".

Everywhere you look, people are trying to get you to go vegan. To be honest, it's one of the most irritating lies out there. The article influence readers by saying that 1) Meat is bad for you and 2) Animals contribute to the world coming to an end (AKA- greenhouse gases). Seriously, a cow's flatulence is deteriorating our world population? Give me a break.

A friend of mine of Facebook is a Doctorate in Animal Science and she regularly posts interesting facts. One spurred my attention this week. It came from http://www.feedstuffsfoodlink.com/. I love this website because it puts everything in perspective. The only thing is that the people who should be reading this website, won't.

Anyway, it said:
"Animal agriculture contributes minimally to the production of total greenhouse gasses (GHG), according to the Environmental Protection Agency. The production of food animals contribute to less than 2. 24% of total GHG emissions. In comparison, fossil fuel combustion contributes to approximately 79. 2% of all GHG emissions."

So, screw Meatless Monday's. Instead, especially in honor of the 4th of July, stand with me for Meatlover Mondays!


So, although I am not looking hot in this picture, I had Jake snap a quick one as I'm gobbling down a juicy ribeye.

 And speaking of my love for meat and eating animals, make sure to check out Krazy Cowgirl's latest selection of purses and belts. I've got a really cute zebra purse with a cowhide star that is a must-have. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts