Sunday, June 12, 2011

Once a Queen, Always a Queen

I guess it's true... once you get it in you, you live it forever. As of the conclusion of the Iowa High School Rodeo Finals (today), I will now be the IHSRA State Queen Coordinator.
I'm really excited about it and I hope to make some great enhancements to the program. What it will entail is putting on the state pageant every year at the state finals, organizing the contest, finding judges and finding sponsors.

One of my biggest attributes that I'd like to bring to the table is education. I hope to be more of a coach for the girl who wins than anything else. I remember when I won, back in the day, my Mom and I traveled around the state, researched and made dozens of phone calls trying to learn as much as possible before I went on the National Finals.

So, watch out girls! If you in high school rodeo in the state of Iowa, you will probably be recruited to run..! And if your over the age of 18, you may be recruited to help:)

I had to give a shout-out to my niece, Alex. She's the 2010-2011 IHSRA Queen (and my protege:)). She's done an awesome job and is just so dang cute!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Congrats :) Even though I have absolutely no experience...let me know if you need any help with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy! I'll probably take you up on that!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts