Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bling Baby!

I went to get my ring cleaned the other day from Roger's and the gal looking at it scared the crap out of me!

She told me with one good "ding" of my ring, the solitaire was going to fall out! She couldn't believe how worn down my prongs were at the top. Apparently she's not used to seeing girls who actually do more than type at their computers and go shopping for a living. I know I probably shouldn't be wearing my ring out to work with horses or hunting, but I've got it to wear! Unless it's in my way, I'm afraid I could get it caught on equipment or I'm swimming, I'm wearing my ring. Am I crazy? I would think this is pretty normal is gals.

Well, because for the last four years I've been so used to always having something on my ring finger, I feel naked without something there. My other problem is that my mom passed down an awesome trait to us Soukup girls... we have some fingers! I wish she also passed down the small hips, but we can't be greedy. So, because I don't have another size 5 1/2 ring around to wear, I had to purchase one. So, what did I do? I went to Kohl's and bought the gaudiest, bling'iest, fake diamond ring I could find....

...and I love it! I may not get my real ring fixed after all!

1 comment:

Recent Posts