Friday, April 8, 2011

Do You Have a Concealed Weapons Purse?

April 1st-3rd I had a booth at the Iowa Horse Fair. They had a pretty decent crowd over the weekend thanks to Stacy Westfall. If you don't know who she is, you have to check out this You Tube video. She performed this run (without a bridle and bareback) and dedicated it to her dad, who passed away just before the competition. She's amazing and it makes me tear up every time!



On a different note, while I had my booth at the Horse Fair, I had an interesting question that I've never been asked before.... "Are any of your purses concealed-weapon friendly?" Unfortunately, at this point, none of my purses have a special compartment for your hand gun, but it made me think what a good idea it is. My mom recently got her concealed gun permit and talk about scary! First of all, her purse weighs at least 50 pounds, so if she did carry and needed it, she could never find it. That's why it would be handy for special compartment. Just to reiterate the size/weight of her purse, on two different occasions at Pizza Ranch, she's tried hanging her purse on the back of her chair (like a normal person) and the chair crashes backwards. It's a hoot! I tell you what, if you ever need anything.. she's got it!




The following pictures are from the Horse Fair. The first one is me, my niece and my oldest sister. In the corner is my dad. He's pretending like he doesn't know what's going on:)






















To the right is my mom (AKA- big purse lady). All kidding aside, although her back will never be align, she currently rocks a sweet Krazy Cowgirl turquoise cross purse.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I don't want to imagine your mom carrying a gun! hahaha!!!

    And that video...the announcer had me in tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you addressed the "purse" in your blog. The last time I went shopping with her, she went to swing her purse up on her shoulder and threw her back out! I think this is great to show everyone on how durable your purses are......and you could carry a small child in your purses and they won't break! I love your purses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe your mother may need some therapy....I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts